Before the coins though, the cup was the collectible part. Finish your Slurpee and save the cup! I can imagine how irritated mothers got with their kids, saving these sticky, bulky cups. I have obtained a small collection of the cups and even today find them irritating to store. They just take up too much room!
There was another aspect to collecting Slurpee memorabilia...the Checklist. Normally a checklist is nothing exciting, although now days the older ones can be worth quite a bit unmarked because of the fate so many before them suffered. However, a Slurpee checklist is downright fun. Each player or cup is featured, allowing you to see who is possible but also to keep track of who you have and still need.
I have come across a few of these in my collecting journeys, along with some retail displays. The oddball stuff is always my favorite, but these items can SOMETIMES be a fairly cheap way to have something different. However, as they are not seen often, you will sometimes see tremendous bidding wars as player collectors scoop up that next item of their guy. Loaded with stars, these can also be difficult to find. I have seen some people cutting them up and selling individual players. That sickens me since they are fairly hard to find, but to each their own I guess.
These two examples feature, yes you guessed it, Steve Garvey!



0 Yorumlar