This week we're going to take a look at a bunch of Marvel comics that feature The Avengers, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, as guest stars. I was thinking of just doing a straight-up Avengers Week, but that's not very imaginative, is it? So we'll take a look at comics where The Avengers make an appearance, but aren't the headline stars.
It's always interesting to see different interpretations of characters that you know and love (well, that I know and love anyway). Often geeks like myself have such an ingrained sense of who the characters are that any deviation from the standard portrayal of said characters seems like a horrible anal violation. "Captain America would never say that!" I have often screamed on crowded buses.
So this week we'll take a look at how other people portray The Avengers - folks like Claremont and Millar, who don't normally write them. And let me stop you: I know Mark Millar writes The Ultimates. They are not The Avengers. They are Mirror Universe Avengers. All they are missing are goatees and daggers.
But I digress. Let us begin Earth's Mightiest Guest Stars Week!


0 Yorumlar