The drums are beating that it is a new Empire book for Fantasy next month. I have my doubts but hope I’m wrong. I just wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t see another fill-in month with perhaps the Empire in May or June (post Dark Angels perhaps).
Of all the books out there I think the Empire book has best stood the test of time and is very competitive in the current environment. While it was clearly second tier under 7th and against the best 7th Edition books it has been helped both by 8th Edition and the re-balancing that GW have made. Spell decks such as Light and Shadow really help the Empire army and it really is a good all-round combined arms force.
Given all that, I’ll be very interested to see what changes they make. The old adage “if it ain’t broke” seems to hold true here. I don’t see a lot in the book that is broken or really needs boosting.
Interested in what others think.

0 Yorumlar